Opportunities at WMO
Westminster Moriah Olivet believes the Biblical teaching that each church fulfills its purpose through people living out their passion and using their gifts. With new people come new gifts and new energy, and that brings new excitement
Your involvement and your passion for creative good is needed here. Perhaps you have an idea for some new venture that we can help nurture. Contact Rev. Umidi (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss your idea and see if we can help you turn it into a reality. There are also many existing ways to be involved. Here are some:
- Worship on Sundays is at 10:30 a.m.
- Saturday Morning Bible Study for Women once a month at Panera. Check the church calendar for dates. For more details contact Letty Umidi email@example.com or Mary Collis firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Women’s Book Group meets once a month, usually on a Monday evening, they read a variety of books, some for fun or historical interest, but many that enhance one’s spiritual life. Check the church calendar for dates and times or contact Linda Jennings 315-732-6518, email@example.com for more details.
Serving through the Arts
- Our Vocal Choir sings each Sunday and practices on Thursday nights. Contact Richard Crawley firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- We love to gather around good food, so we are always in need of people to volunteer to make baked goods for our coffee hour after church or to help out with a lunch or dinner. Contact Linda Jennings 315-732-6518 or email@example.com to volunteer or for more details.
- The Food Pantry serves people from the neighborhood every Tuesday from 1:30 to 3:30. There are many tasks related to this important work where help is need - some on the front lines serving clients, and some behind the scenes and even at other times of the week. Contact Pastor Umidi firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Friendship as Fellowship
- Men’s Monthly Breakfast meets once a month at 9 AM at Raspberries Restaurant - 2634 Genesee Street, Utica for good food and good conversation. All men are invited to attend. Check the church calendar for details or contact the church office to sign up. 315-732-6518 or email@example.com.
- Coffee Hours after worship on Sunday is a great time to get to know each other. It’s lively and full of laughter.
- Westminster Guild is a fellowship group that enjoys being together for an occasional dinner, recognizing birthdays and holidays and even supporting each other by having a “secret pal” each year. Contact Joan Silvernail for details.
“Hands on” help with our amazing Building
- Projects abound, here in our old but amazing facility. If you are handy, like to paint, or even if you just like making things look cleaner and neater, we could sure use you help. Contact the church office 315-732-6518, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leadership Roles – Although it is important to first become an active part of the worshipping community, we are always looking for committed people we can elect, who are willing to make a difference as:
- A Deacon – someone who seeks to support those who are most in need and in the larger community through specific deeds of compassion.
- An Elder (of Session) – someone who seeks to lead the congregation with other elders toward great spiritual development and fulfillment of the mission given to us by Jesus Christ.