Opportunities at WMO
Westminster Moriah Olivet believes the Biblical teaching that each church fulfills its purpose through people living out their passion and using their gifts. With new people come new gifts and new energy, and that brings new excitement
Your involvement and your passion for creative good is needed here. Perhaps you have an idea for some new venture that we can help nurture. Contact Linda Jennings (email@example.com) to discuss your idea and see if we can help you turn it into a reality. There are also many existing ways to be involved. Here are some:
- Worship on Sundays is at 10:30 a.m.
- Saturday Morning Bible Study for Women once a month at Panera. Check the church calendar for dates. For more details contact Mary Collis firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Women’s Book Group meets once a month, usually on a Monday evening, they read a variety of books, some for fun or historical interest, but many that enhance one's spiritual life. Contact Linda Jennings 315-732-6518, email@example.com for more details.
Serving through the Arts
- Our Choir sings each Sunday and practices on Thursday nights. Contact Richard Crawley firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- We love to gather around good food, so we are always in need of people to volunteer to make baked goods for our coffee hour after church or to help out with a lunch or dinner. Contact Linda Jennings 315-732-6518 or email@example.com to volunteer or for more details.
- The Food Pantry serves people from the neighborhood every Tuesday from 1:30 to 3:00 PM. For more information, visit their facebook page.
Friendship as Fellowship
- Men’s Monthly Breakfast meets once a month at 9 AM at Raspberries Restaurant - 2634 Genesee Street, Utica for good food and good conversation. All men are invited to attend. Call 315-732-6518 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Coffee Hours after worship on Sunday is a great time to get to know each other. It’s lively and full of laughter.
- Westminster Guild is a fellowship group that enjoys being together for an occasional dinner, recognizing birthdays and holidays and even supporting each other by having a “secret pal” each year. Contact Joan Silvernail for details.